Monday, February 24, 2014

Oldest, Youngest, or Middle?

The question that always comes up in my family is: what's better, to be Younger, Older, or in the Middle? Now of course we use complaining in different situations for example: “I wish I was in the Middle because she always gets away with stuff” or other times its “I wish I was the youngest because they always get all the attention!” But the question that I had is what do my siblings actually want? Do they like the place they are in? or do the wish they could be in a different position? I decided to ask  
them questions about what they think is so cool about the different places. I was surprised at the results! Here they are:


Question 1: How do you feel about being in your position?
Charlotte: “Well...it’s pretty good, except sometimes you don't get a lot of attention.”
Ellie:”I feel like I don't get as much attention”
Josiah: “I feel like I have more fun, and you have more chores, so I don’t care...”(Ouch)


Question 2:What do you get that the others don't?
Charlotte: “I get out of stuff..a lot..”
Ellie: “I have a good age where I can do stuff for younger kids that you and Charlotte can't, because you are too old.”
Josiah: “I get spoiled, I get baths...I also have more toys!”


Question 3:What do I get that you don't?
Charlotte: “I wish I could be in charge because when you were my age you were allowed to watch the kids, but I can't because you're the oldest”
Ellie: “I wish I could have more sleepovers and parties, and be in charge. Also get more attention”
Josiah:”Um..I don't know, I wish I was in charge” (scary thought)


Question 4:Do you wish you were older?
Charlotte: “I wish I could”
Ellie: “Sometimes, I don’t know!”
Josiah: “NO! 100% just no..” (?)

Question 5: If you could choose to be Oldest, Middle or Youngest, what would you be?
Charlotte: “Middle, so the same.”
Ellie: “Same, but more attention.”
Josiah: “Stay the same, but be 7, because the I get a blue book with a dolphin on it” (school book maybe?)


Funny, right? They said all of this without even knowing what the others said. Everyone came to the conclusion that they all like where they are (Oldest, Middle, or Youngest.)
Also, Elijah is the youngest but he can't talk and Josiah’s 5 year older than him, so he is used to being the youngest.


Well I hope you enjoyed! Till next time!~


Cora


Editing Credit: Marisa Makil

4 comments:

  1. I'm quite surprised with the results too! Normally most kids want to change their position. I used to be the youngest, but I never felt deprived of anything. Then again, my brother tended to complain about me getting away with everything. :) Then my sister came along and now I'm in the middle. It's really not that bad, but sometimes I feel like I don't get A TON of attention. I don't really care though. I think as you get older it doesn't really matter anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you that being the oldest is not fun because you have to be the guinea pig all the time. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, I just have to remind myself that they've never raised a teenager before..Plus I can be kind of hard to deal with sometimes...

      Delete
  3. I shudder at the thought of Josiah in charge. I've seen the things he does. LOL

    ReplyDelete